When any document is uploaded into Vector, we run it through our Optical Character Recognition (OCR) process. OCR allows us to convert your images into machine-readable text. This provides the ability to search across image content on your Vector site.
- To search all OCRed information, simply run a query in the top search bar of your site:
- As you type, results will begin to auto-populate. For example:
- The above results are found by searching all OCRed text across all documents. The word "spinach" does not appear in any specified fields. However, through the power of OCR, we can search the words on the documents to, in this case, find all documents where the word "spinach" appears:
Search vs Filtering
- Search: This is searching across ALL OCRed text results, not just information found in document details or fields. While this can be good for a quick search, it does not allow you to drill down into the results or add additional search parameters.
- Filtering: Document filters allow you to drill down to specific documents based on a wide-range of options. You then also have the option to save your filters to easily be able to see specific documents that are applicable to your role or needs.