Share a Document
Documents can be shared with contacts outside of your fleet directly from the Web Portal. They are shared via email with a PDF version of the document attached to that email. You also have the ability to include a note with each email sent to a contact.
Multiple documents can be shared at the same time with the same contact. However, please note, they are sent in separate emails where 1 PDF is attached per email.
1. To share a document, first navigate to the documents tab on the left side of your Web Portal.
2. Click on the line item of the document you’d like to share.
3. In the Document Details panel that pops up along the right hand side, click the orange SHARE button.
4. In the box that pops up, first type the email address of the desired recipient of the document.
So you don’t have to keep typing in the same email address each time you share a document, it will be saved in the picklist of recipients going forward after it’s typed in and selected the first time.
If you want to share with multiple recipients, type in another email address after the one previously selected. Please note, a separate email will be sent to each recipient as opposed to one email with all recipients on it.
5. If you would like to include a note in the body of the email that is sent, you may do so by clicking in the box that reads “Add a note (optional)”.
6. Once all desired recipients are listed and selected, click the orange SEND button.
7. This is the format of the email each recipient will see:
8. Once a document is shared, it will be recorded and reflected in the document’s Activity Trail, as seen here:
9. To share multiple documents at the same time, multi-select the applicable documents by holding down the CNTRL key (or command key on a Mac) as you click each document’s line item. Each document you select will be highlighted in blue.
10. Once multiple documents are selected, action item buttons will pop up in the top bar. To email the documents, click SHARE. You can also DOWNLOAD the documents to your computer in a zip file, or PRINT them in a multi-page single PDF.
Please note, sharing multiple documents at one time will NOT result in them being attached to a single email, but instead one email for each document.