As a fleet’s Admin, you can add a new Admin or Manager to join your fleet. Below is the difference between the Admin and Manager role:
Manager: A user that is able to view all drivers’ documents in a fleet. They can log into their account on app.withvector.com or the mobile app to view documents uploaded from all drivers in the fleet. However, they cannot modify users in their fleet and do not have access to fleet-level settings.
Admin: A user that has all available permissions in Vector - they can view all documents uploaded, add new users, deactivate old users, change settings’ for users (employee ID and division), and change fleet-level settings such as modifying the Document Type list and creating email triggers.
There are now 2 ways to add a new Fleet Admin or Manager in Vector:
Create the Admin or Manager manually
Send an invitation to the Admin or Manager
Create Admin or Manager Manually:
1. Click the + button in the top right corner and click Create New User from the dropdown:
2. In the New User pop up, you will be required to fill out these field:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Role (select Manager or Admin)
- Primary Phone Number OR Primary Email (you can add both but only one is required)
All other fields are optional.
3. Once you review with the new user that all of the information is correct, click SAVE. Once the new user is created in our system, you will be able to see them and search for them in the Users tab.
SHORTCUT TIP: To bulk create users, go to your Users tab and click IMPORT on the top right.
In the form that appears, download the template and fill out the required fields.
- Template - Required fields are first name, last name, role (type in Manager or Admin), and a phone number and/or email address, and password.
Once you choose your file to upload, click SAVE.
Send an Invitation
1. From the Web Application, navigate to the Invites tab in the left hand panel.
2. In the top right corner, click the orange CREATE INVITE button.
3. In the form that appears, input the driver’s First Name and Last Name. For the “Role” field, select Admin or Manager.
Input the phone number OR email address you’d like the driver to receive the invitation link. If you enter a phone number, the driver will receive a text message with a link to download the application and finish setting up their account. If you enter an email address, they will receive this link to their email inbox instead.
4. Once finished, click CREATE & SEND.
5. Sent invites will appear in the INVITES SENT tab. Once an invite is clicked on, you’ll have the option to resend, cancel or entirely delete an invitation through the buttons at the top of the panel.
6. To check if a user has accepted their invite and is now part of your fleet, click the Users tab. The name will populate on this list.