To index either manually or automatically, the documents first have to be ingested into the Vector Imaging Module.
This article walks through the 2 methods ingesting documents into Vector's Imaging Module.
Ingest Files into Imaging
There are 2 ways to upload documents into Imaging. You can either 1) send an email with the documents attached to a specific Vector email address, OR 2) manually upload the documents directly into the module.
Method 1: Email Ingestion
1. Navigate to the Account & Setting tab on the left side.
Select Imaging Settings under the Imaging grouping.
2. The Inbox Email is the email address configured specifically for ingestion into the Vector Imaging Module.
If the Inbox Email is blank, follow steps here to configure the ingestion email address.
3. In your email client, compose an email with that ingestion email address as the TO/Receiver.
Attach the document files you'd like to be ingested into Vector's Imaging Module.
Note: Separate attachments in a single email will be queued separately in the module, so they can then be indexed separately.
SEND the email.
4. Navigate back to the Vector Web Portal and click on Imaging along the left-hand side.
The documents you just sent will automatically be added to the Imaging queue with a status of QUEUED.
Note: If you already have any automatic imaging configurations set-up, they may appear with the status of INDEXED instead.
Method 2: Manual Upload
The second method of document ingestion is to manually upload the documents directly into the module.
1. Navigate first to the Imaging tab along the left side.
2. Click on ADD FILES on the top right or ADD DOCUMENT CLASSIFICATION TASK in the center to start uploading documents.
3. In the pop-up box that appears in the bottom right corner, click UPLOAD FILE and select a file from any of your network or computer drives. You may also drag and drop files into the pop-up box to attach.
Note: Separate attachments will be queued separately in the module, so they can then be indexed separately.
4. Once you have added the files, click SAVE to upload them.
Now that you have successfully ingested files into Imaging, they will be queued up and ready for Indexing.
Learn how to manually index documents here.
You can also set-up automatic indexing logic here.