Member: A driver, in other words. Someone who primarily uploads documents under a fleet from the mobile app. A Member can log into their account online at app.withvector.com, but only to see and download their own documents. They cannot see others’ documents, and they cannot modify or even view users under their fleet.
Manager: A user that is able to view all drivers’ documents in a fleet. They can log into their account on app.withvector.com or the mobile app to view documents uploaded from all drivers in the fleet. However, they cannot modify users in their fleet and do not have access to fleet-level settings.
Admin: A user that has all available permissions in Vector - they can view all documents uploaded, add new users, deactivate old users, change settings’ for users (employee ID and division), and change fleet-level settings such as modifying the Document Type list and creating email triggers.
If an Admin invites a user to join their fleet, they select the desired role from this list before sending off the invitation. If a driver registers under a fleet using a company code, their account defaults to the Member role.
In any case, if a role needs to be updated, these are the steps an Administrator will follow to make that change. Note: only Admins in Vector have the permissions to update user roles.
1. Log into the Web Portal to your Admin account. Navigate to the Users tab along the left hand side.
2. The users tab shows you all active users in your fleet, including Members (drivers), Managers, and Admins by default. Click the name of the user you’d like to change the Role for.
3. In the panel that pops up on the right hand side, find the Role field under the User Details heading.
4. Click the current assigned role highlighted in orange. A pick list will then pop up with all 3 role types. Select the user’s desired new role type.
5. Once finished, make sure to click SAVE in the bottom right hand corner in order for the change to take effect.
The user will need to refresh their web page in order for the new permissions to take effect.